What are my credentials?
I graduated from the University of North Texas. I got a BA in English – Creative Writing with a minor in psychology and a certificate in technical writing.
I’m a member of ACES: The Society for Editing. Through them and Poynter News University, I got the Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing.
Now, I’m a copy editor and proofreader for Unsolicited Press. I’m also working toward a copy editing certificate from the University of California, San Diego to further continue my studies.
What books have I edited?
Some are available for preorder, but the books I’ve edited are:
- Traveling Left of Center by Nancy Christie (2019)
- Sunburst Woman: And Other Poems About Intimacy by Jack Ontair (2020)
- Stages of Blue by Kayla Jeswald (2020)
- Borrowings of the Shan Van Vocht by Catherine Moore (2020)
- Working Title by Chuck Harp (2020) is available for preorder
More books will be available for preorder soon!
IF I CAN ONLY AFFORD ONE service, WHICH SHOULD I GET?
It honestly depends on which one you feel more comfortable with. Copy editing is more of a ruff edit that brings your writing to a new level. However, if you’re worried about grammar mistakes or any finer details, proofreading could be your way to go. It depends on the writer.