The amazing Teresa Grabs tagged me for The Decade Tag! Thank you so much! You’re awesome.
- Please share a link to the creator of the tag, Jesusluvsall
- Share some highlights for you over the past decade and a few low points if you want
- Tag whoever you wish to
- Ask them some questions
- Use any picture appropriate for such a tag
Highlights (Good and Bad) from Last Decade:
(P.S. I’m going to look at the year and type what comes to mind. This is going to show my age.)
- 2010 — My Nana passed away. She had been battling cancer for 10+ years and was one of my closest family members.
- 2011 — I started high school, marching band, etc. all in one year. I realized how much I enjoyed advanced classes more than regular ones.
- 2012 — I got to go to California the first time during a band trip. This nice balloon man made me and my four friends balloon hats that connected together. After eating in a line, we found more connected balloon hat people. We joined up with them until we were a mob of about twenty people stuck in a balloon hat line. I also got MVP for softball and a minor concussion.
- 2013 — I marched state at the Alamodome. Also, my wrist injury became more noticeable and stopped a lot of activities. (I (still) have an abnormal cyst in my wrist.)
- 2014 — AP US History (APUSH) is still one of the hardest classes ever even after I got my college degree. I decided to go to UNT.
- 2015 — I started college. Bruce hall best hall. I also got to go to New York for the first time.
- 2016 — My grandmother, also one of my closest family members, died this year. I also realized how good I am with foreign languages; I was speaking up to four languages a day.
- 2017 — I saw Rhett and Link live for the first time with my best friend, Marissa.
- 2018 — I graduated college in December with honors. I also saw a lot of amazing people in concert, including Demi Lovato, Paramore, P!nk, Evanescence, and Lindsey Stirling. I also saw Gabriel Iglesias (Fluffy)!
- 2019 — I went to London for the first time and hopefully not the last. I made a pit stop in Wales while I was there.
What was the last book you read?
What is your favorite adaptation?
The first one that comes to mind is Holes. The movie did the book great justice.
But other ones that come to mind were The Hunger Games series, Silver Linings Playbook, and Crazy Rich Asians.
If you could write a book, what would it be about?
I’ve written many books (but none published). They’re mostly about fantasy and sci-fi messes. Dragons end up in most of them. Not everyone’s straight.
There’s also usually some bigger theme that goes through them as well whether it’s broken families, manipulation, abuse, etc. Basically talking about bigger issues through a magical lens.
If you could go back in time and tell your ten-year-old self to become something, what would it be?
It gets better. There’s always something good after the darkness. Life is a rollercoaster. As much as rollercoasters suck, they’re necessary to grow as a person and learn.
- If you could describe the last decade in one sentence, what would it be?
- What was the coolest place you traveled to during the last decade?
- Five seconds – what book(s) over the last decade stands out the most to you?
- What do you feel has changed the most about you? Debt? Music taste? Social life? Work? Genre of books you read? Etc.
Like Teresa, I’m going to leave this up to anyone. If you want to do this decade challenge, go ahead. It’s pretty fun.
Hope you enjoyed this! I know it’s a kind of long post for me. Have a great day!