So, not too long after I got my first foul ball from a Texas Rangers game (hit by Mike Trout), my phone buzzed. I glanced down to see that Annlyel James from Annlyel Online nominated me for the Liebster Award!
Thank you so much, Annlyel, for this lovely surprise! I’m honored. If you haven’t already, check out her wonderful blog at Annlyel Online. She has a wonderful blog full of all the best movies over there.
The rules here are simple:
- Thank the blogger that has nominated you.
- Share eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate eleven bloggers (or as many bloggers as you can).
- Create (if you can) eleven questions to ask your nominees.
11 facts about myself!
Okay. I tried to think of some interesting ones that I hadn’t thought of before… Let’s go!
- I’ve never drank alcohol or done any type of drugs before (that are stronger than Advil). I’m quite proud of this one to be honest. When I turned twenty-one, I got nervous because I thought people would force a drink on me. But everyone’s been pretty supportive of my choice.
- I have over a hundred and twenty CDs. I love music, and I have collected CDs since I was small. My CD case holds up to 300 CDs, which has now become a personal goal. So, basically, I’m the one on iTunes who owns all the songs instead of just using Apple Music.
- I used to play musical instruments a lot. I taught myself piano and guitar. I played clarinet in band for many years. I started playing instruments when I was in 4th grade actually. I love playing them, but I haven’t found the time lately since college.
- I got my mom to go to Wales because of a book character. We were deciding between Stonehenge and Wales. I brought up that going to two countries would be interesting, and the fact Will Herondale is from Wales.
- I met one of my favorite authors, Marie Lu, before. And I wasn’t even sure what to say the whole time.
- I saw a band on my morning show, called Good Mythical Morning, once and then saw that same band live twice in under a year. Somehow, AJR was going to a music festival that I was already going too. And then they came back to Dallas with some cheap ticket prices.
- I have Convergence Insufficiency, which basically means my eyes don’t work together. So, if I’m tired or if it’s just an off day, my eyes will hurt to see. I just put on my glasses and take some meds if it gets bad. (Though my glasses have the smallest prescription in them. Since I’ve learned how to control it, I haven’t changed my prescription in almost ten years.)
- I also have the Raynaud Phenomenon. (Fun!) So, if fans are on or if it’s about seventy degrees or below, my body freaks out, and my blood stops circulating well. My hands, feet, and rarely ears will swell and freeze up. It can hurt to touch things or move if it gets too bad. But, I basically have a sweater or blanket around all the time.
- I just started working as a proofreader for a new company. It’s a temporary position, but I’m excited for it.
- Sleeping alone feels weird because I always sleep with puppies. Even when my puppies are across the bed, it feels weird to not have them snuggled up against me.
- I collect crushed pennies. They’re cheap and unique. I’m about to need a new place to put them because I have gotten so many.
Now, onto questions for me:
What’s your favorite time of the day?
I love the nighttime. It’s easy for me to stay up all hours of the night. The puppies usually will snuggle in closer, because they want to lay down. Most of the day’s work is done too, so I can either get ahead on work (which I usually do) or do something fun.
Are you a dog or a cat person?
I own three dogs for a reason. They’re the best.
(If you’re wondering what kind they are or love dog pictures, I have pictures of them here.)
If you could travel to any planet in the galaxy which would it be?
Since I was in elementary school, I’ve always had a pull towards Neptune. I used to read those nerdy books about it too. I don’t remember all the fun facts that I used to about it, but I’d love to go visit it.
Which Marvel superhero would you want to be best friends with?
Gamora, because we have a similar past; we relate a lot. Or Hawkeye, because he’s my favorite.
Which Star Wars character do you find most relatable?
Umm… Not sure. Maybe Rose, because I don’t see myself as a main character.
You’re traveling abroad, which country is your destination?
Since I finally got to visit London last summer, Japan or Italy is my next destination.
Japan’s beautiful, and I speak some Japanese. I have too many places I’d want to visit there though, because I watch Chris from Abroad in Japan, and he goes everywhere.
I’ve always had an interest in Italy too. A part of my family came to America from there, and it looks so beautiful in pictures. Rome’s there. Venice is there. I also have been slowly learning Italian from Dulingo for years now.
The Mission: Impossible or John Wick franchise?
I’ve never seen either actually.
What’s your go-to movie genre?
I love any type of fantasy and soft sci-fi movies.
Are you a Star Wars or Star Trek person…or neither?
Neither! I have a bad past with Star Wars, and I’ve never watched Star Trek.
What’s your favorite fast-food chain?
Hm… I would have to say Chicken Express. I love their chicken and their rolls.
What’s your favorite sweet treat?
Depends. As candy, I love Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Kisses or the candy bar.
But as like a treat… I like a warm chocolate cake with chocolate icing but with some vanilla ice-cream on top.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for… Here’s my nominees:
I have a busy weekend, so I can’t go into full detail, but these bloggers are very supportive and all have wonderful blogs. I love dropping by on their sites to see what they’ve been up to. They’re all unique in their own ways, and I encourage you to go check them out if you can. Thanks for being amazing guys!
- Fictional Tendencies
- Beth from I didn’t have my glasses on…
- Jade Writes
- Paul from Parallax
- Katie Kay
- Peg from Write-Escape
- Shantanu Baruah from Ckonfab
- Kindness from Wisdom
- Short Story Scribe
Here are my eleven questions for you guys!
- If you could be any animal (fiction or nonfiction), what would it be?
- What is your favorite musical instrument?
- What is one (or some) of your favorite series of all time?
- How many books do you read a year vs how many books do you want to read a year?
- What is something you’ve always wanted but never got?
- What is your favorite soda? (Or if you don’t drink soda, what’s your favorite drink?)
- If you could go to any fictional place, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite place to visit?
- What’s your favorite thing about the ocean?
- What’s a question you’ve always wanted someone to ask you? (Bonus points if you answer it. : P)
- What’s your favorite thing about running a blog?
(Also, I’d like to mention that I got curious and looked up the definition of liebster. It means “a person very much liked or loved by someone else,” according to Interglot.com.)
Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a spectacular day!