Welcome to 2018 everyone!
With a new year comes new goals. I’m one to start the new goals, but never quite one to remember them. So, hopefully writing them all down – or at least writing my writing goals down – will help.
- Get another Beta Reader
- As I’ve mentioned here before, beta readers are an amazing tool for any novel. I’d love to get another beta reader to dive into my novel once again.
- Get the courage to send a query letter
- Query letters can be scarier than all the haunted houses in America put together. Agents give out hundreds of rejections a day. I’m not saying my query letter must get accepted, but I at least need to get my foot in the water.
- Read at least 51 books
- I came short of this goal this year. I read 47 books instead and had almost no time to squeeze in those last few books. However, this year, I will blow this goal away.
- Participate in NaNoWriMo
- Last year, I wasn’t able to write for NaNoWriMo since I already had too much on my plate. I shouldn’t have too much on my plate this year compared to last year.
- Get a short story published
- This goal is huge. Not only would doing this look amazing on a query letter, but it’s good to get my name out there.
Do you have any writing goals for 2018? Share below!