I want to thank JadeLM for being an incredible blogger and for nominating me for this award. (This award is one of my best birthday gifts yet.) Jade writes everything from book reviews, writing advices, short stories, and more. Everything on her blog is great. You can check it out at Jade Writes.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
The rules are as follows:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 things about me:
1. I (kind of) speak five languages. I know English and American Sign Language (ASL) pretty well. I’m studying Japanese in college. (日本語を話せます。でも、上手じゃないです。) I also practice Italian and French on Dulingo for fun. I can read Italian a bit well, but every time I try to reply in Italian, I think in Japanese. My French skill is super basic.
2. I finished my first novel when I was sixteen after writing it for about eight years. (For time references, I turned twenty today.) The book wasn’t even close to being great, but I got the rough draft done. It’s the same novel that I’ve been editing all summer to get published soon.
3. I’m a junior in college now. (Three more semesters until I don’t have to owe my college any more money.) I’m an English major with a concentration in creative writing. I also will be finishing up my technical writing certificate next spring.
My answers to the questions from JadeLM:
1. What do you feel is your greatest achievement?
My greatest achievement has been finishing five manuscripts and getting so far with editing my first novel. It’s been surreal to see how far my writing has improved.
2. What is your blog all about?
My blog is about sharing writing experiences and advice. I try to keep it to where any writer – no matter what age or skill – can enjoy reading my blog.
3. Do you collect anything?
Of course! I actually collect crushed pennies. Most are from Disney World or Disney Land because they have crushed penny machines everywhere. So far, I have thirty-three that I collected and six more that my friend collected for me. That brings my total to thirty-nine pennies.
4. What’s your favorite genre to write/read in?
I love writing/reading fantasy and soft sci-fi. Any story with magic is great to me.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure has to be anime. I’ve been getting into 僕のヒーローアカデミー (Boku no hero academia) recently. I’m caught up to season two right now.
Please note that each of these writers have inspired me in some way. For which I say thanks to all of them with this award.
- I Am That Small Girl – Krishel posts her book reviews and just about anything that comes to her mind. I found her from her post I Saw My Future. From there, I’ve ventured across her blog and found many wonderful posts.
- A Walk Across America – I found this blog recently and it’s so inspiring. The blog is about Danny Finnegan and Abby Bongaarts as they walk across America from Long Beach, NY to San Francisco, CA. Emphasis on walk. Their blog is inspirational as they write about the different adventures they come across.
- Uninspired Writers – This blogger is stunning in the way she inspires the uninspired. Her whole blog is about getting inspiration rooted in the bones of all the writers that need it. It’s an awesome uplifting site.
- Expat Panda – I found this great blog a while ago. It’s from a teacher who explores the world. Expect to learn about different cultures, facts, adventures, and more. You never know what magnificent post will come up next.
- Wit & Travesty – This list would be incomplete without this blog. This is one of the first sites I found and loved. They have book reviews, writing advice, info about their own novels, nerdness, and more. It’s an awesome site to read and enjoy.
- Quirky and Peculiar – This blog helps readers know the ins and outs of a book before reading it. Book reviews are overflowing on this site. She writes fantastic reviews of books we didn’t even realize needed a review for.
- Rimpyreads – This uplifting blog is about a nurse student who finds the time to write reviews on different books. Her blogs are simply wonderful. Check out this site for fascinating reviews.
- TwinBookmarks – Who’s writing? Good guess. This blog is run from two identical twin sisters who love to read. Most of their posts include book reviews, random thoughts, advice, and more! They also have a great quirk for being funny and unique.
- Daydreaming Books – This blog is great for book reviews, discussions, and more. I found it through her Cassandra Clare book review and have loved it ever since. If you ever need an awesome book review, this is the place to go.
- Skyless J – This blog has just started like mine, but it began with a brave reason. It’s the beginning story of J and J’s mother’s breast cancer. I know how difficult it is to write about something so emotional, but J has the ability to write raw subjects flawlessly. The first two posts are raw and emotional. I’m looking forward to the rest.
- Creative Writer’s Press – So, I can’t possibly make this list without these people. Despite the blog being relatively new, the writers behind it have been around for a while. I found them through a writers Facebook group that inspires and helps each other. This group has helped me so much that I couldn’t help but say thanks.
Five questions for my nominees:
- What inspires you to write?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve received?
- What’s a hobby of yours besides reading and writing?
- What made you start writing?
- What’s your favorite anime/tv show?